Things to prepare :-
1. A bar of soap... I used a medium size one... no need to be expensive..just make sure it's smell good!
2. Some ribbons...I am using the 5mm width one...( thinner ones will do well also but make sure the needle's gap are smaller)
3. Scissor to cut and trim
4. A piece of wire
5. Some needles/ pins...I using 48 pieces for this design (if you don't have any bead head pins on hand.. you can load in some beads on you pin before use it)
Step #1 (You can skip this step...I did it because I think it's easier.)
1. Cut out the paper into a small oval shape. Fold into quarter and mark 5 dots with equal gap on the side.
3. Fix the paper on the top of the soap with some needles / pins.
1. You need to stick in 24 pieces of pins all around the top of the soap...So, the paper that you placed on in Step #1 is to tell you the position of the pins to go into.
2. You will have this when you finished.
3. Now do the same for the bottom of the soap.
1. Take one end of the ribbon and slightly folded at the end.
2. Pin the ribbon onto the soap with one of the pins you have pinned in earlier.
1. Now, wrap the ribbon around the needle. Start at the bottom and then to the top pin as in the picture below.
2. Continue the same pattern of wrapping and you will see a pattern like this.
4. At the finishing, cut the ribbon and insert the end at the bottom of the soap and secure it with a pin.
2. Fit the wire into the top of the soap when you finished.
1. You may need to cover the top unwrap area with some small flower or accessories. There, it's done!
I told you this is easy and cheap too! It makes such a wonderful small gift.
Have a nice day!